Quote of the Day........"My friends, we live in the greatest nation in the history of the world. I hope you'll join with me as we try to change it." -- Barack Hussein Obama, Jr.
Remember the election in 2006? Democrats ran on a platform of change. America voted for change in 2006, and we got it! The Democrats took control of Congress and things have certainly changed. Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.
Just over 18 months ago, before the Democrats took control of Congress things were not that bad:
1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high when the Democrats took control:
2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;
3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.
4) A gallon of 2% milk sold for $2.40
5) A dozen large eggs sold for $0.98
So, what Changes have we seen? Well, since voting in a Democratic Congress in 2006 we have seen:
1) Consumer confidence plummet;
2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $3.50 a gallon (a 60% increase);
3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase)
4) The cost of a gallon of 2% milk has gone up to %3.13 (a 30% increase)
5) The cost of dozen large eggs more than doubled and now costs $2.17 (a 121% increase)
These changes should leave egg on the faces of the voters that put the Democrats in charge of congress. But with Congress repealing Bush tax cuts who can afford to throw eggs?
As if that was not bad enough, here are some of the other Changes the Democrat controlled congress have made for us since the 2006 election.
American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses) since the 2006 election.
Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars since the Democrats took over congress in 2006.
1.69% of American homes are in foreclosure compared to .32% before the 2006 election. (a 5 fold increase)
Bottom line? Obama Supports need to hang on to their "Change" signs because if he (or any Democrat for that matter) is elected President in 2008 they are going to need them so they can stand on the street corners and beg for spare "Change."
IS THERE ANY QUESTION WHY CONGRESS'S APPROVAL RATING IS ABOUT A THIRD OF GEORGE W BUSH'S?