Michael Reagan and me on the USS Ronald Reagan (CVN-76)

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Another Crooked Louisiana Democrat

A Washington watchdog has filed a complaint against Louisiana Democratic Sen. Mary Landrieu, suggesting she may have traded her influence on a specific earmark for $30,000 in campaign contributions.

Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington on Tuesday demanded the U.S. Department of Justice and U.S. district courts in Louisiana and Texas investigate whether Landrieu, who is in her second term, broke federal law back in 2001 by including a $2 million earmark in the District of Columbia appropriations bill for a company whose lobbyists had thrown her a fundraiser just days earlier.

Click here to read The Washington Post report.

The Washington Post reported in December that as ranking Democrat and chairwoman of the subcommittee in charge of Washington, D.C.'s appropriations, Landrieu ensured that Voyager Expanded Learning would receive $2 million in funding to promote its reading program in D.C. schools.

($30,000 for fundraising equals $2,000,000 in federal funding. Hey, Mary I got three bucks in my pocket I'll throw it in your campaign coffers if you'll give me $200. WHAT? I can't get the same deal? Damn Democrats wasting my money.)

No comments:


Well, that just about sums it up!